More On Adoption
Puppy or dog
Kitten or cat
Cat or dog, five years or older
Cat or dog
for senior citizen
Fees for exotic animals and birds will vary – please ask.
The adoption fees you pay include:
- Required alteration of the animal or a refundable spay/neuter voucher.
- Vaccinations and other medical services.
- One-year license for dogs living in our service area.
Taking Your New Pet Home
You need a leash and collar for a dog or a crate for a smaller animal to use on your trip home.
- There are inexpensive leashes and crates you can buy at the shelter.
- If your new pet has not been altered, we will do
that before you take it home.
- Most animals are altered while they are waiting to be adopted.
- If we alter the dog after you select it, surgery will be scheduled typically within a day or two.
- The pet you take home will also be microchipped.
- You may also look on the Lost page for a pet.
- If you find one you like, you may put a hold on it.
- If the owner doesn’t pick up the animal, it will be made available for adoption.
- While an unaltered dog is on the
Lost pages and waiting to be reunited with its owner, we will not
alter the dog.
- If the owner doesn’t collect the dog within the allotted time, the dog will be placed with other available animals.
- Only then will we surgically alter the dog.