I found a pet I’m interested in, what do I do?
At the shelter:
- All animals have an ID number on the front of their kennels. Bring that number to the Greeter Desk.
- They will tell you
if there are any holds on the pet you're interested in. See
- If your choice is available, the greeter will give you an application (if needed) and instructions.
- Copy the information on the individual animal's page.
- Call us at 619-767-2675 to see if there are any holds on those animals.
- If availble, come to the shelter and present the animal's information at the Greeter Desk.
- If your first choice is taken, try again or come down and look around. We have plenty of pets waiting for adoption!